Kimberly Goodwin is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and a Clinical Director of Mind Your Self Counseling. Kimberly brings 13 years of experience serving the San Antonio community with Early Childhood Intervention, Integrated Health Care for the Homeless, First Episode Psychosis and Home & Community Based Services programs. She currently serves as an adjunct faculty instructor for the UTSA Department of Social Work, where she teaches aspiring social workers the skills they need to provide quality therapy services. Kimberly is proud to serve our local LGBTQIA+ community with the San Antonio Pride Center and as a board member of Fiesta Youth.
Kimberly seeks to help people navigate difficult life transitions and situations such as (but not limited to):
- Rediscovering and working toward meaningful life goals after struggling with mental health symptoms that change someone’s abilities to complete their usual day to day tasks
- Suicidal thoughts
- Difficulty in relationships
- Imposter Syndrome
- Panic Attacks
- Social Anxiety
- Gender Dysphoria
- Grief and loss associated with disability
- Self-care and therapy for mental health professionals
- Helping families support their adult children with a disability or mental illness
- Caregiver stress and fatigue
Kimberly helps many people tame overwhelming emotions to improve their relationships and achieve success in school or work. She is trained and skilled in the use of several therapies including: Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Psychosis, Cognitive Adaptation Training, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Solution-Focused Brief Therapy and Motivational Interviewing. Kimberly also offers experience and expertise with telehealth services, crisis intervention, suicide prevention/postvention services and intensive case management.